One of my favorite blogging friends, Cheryl at The Farmer's Daughter bestowed the Versatile Blogger Award to me and several others.
The idea, as I understand it, is to tell you 7 things about myself you may not know. Here goes.......
1. Paul Newman was my favorite actor for years.
2. I really don't like being confined in a crowd. I can ride in an elevator perfectly well with a few people, but if we are crammed like sardines, I get a little antsy.
3. I was painfully shy as a child, but somewhere along the way I discovered I love people!...all kinds..all shapes...all sizes...all ages.
4. I love desserts....my favorite is Key Lime anything. Strangely, chocolate, I can take or leave.
5. I am a cancer survivor going on 5 years....yeah!!!!
This is harder than I thought!!
6. I am a "ducks in a row" person. I like to have a plan but don't have a problem changing direction in midstream as long as I know where that stream is going! Flying by the seat of my pants....not so much.
7. I love to read. Christian fiction mysteries are my favorite. I also love reading poetry...Robert Frost is a favorite.
It's funny how it is easy to write my thoughts about things I see or capture in pictures, but very difficult to share about me personally.
Thanks for including me Cheryl.I enjoyed reading what everyone wrote.
On our outing last week, we traveled the old road back to Shreveport, through farmland green with cotton & soy beans & rice fields. We passed this lovely old homeplace and dear hubby just knew I would want a closer look.
I am not sure why old houses, especially a white clapboard house with a porch, hold such an attraction to me, but I dearly love them.
I can just imagine the family that lived here, the wife
who lovingly decorated and cleaned this home, the children
who played on the porch and under the magnolia tree in the yard
and the father who came home from a day in the fields to his family and a homecooked country supper.
Can't you just imagine them sitting on the porch in the
swing or perhaps a rocker?
So many things revolved around the southern porch
in the days before air conditioning.
Visiting with the neighbors, shelling peas, rocking babies to sleep, telling stories or watching fireflies at night are just a few
memories from my childhood.
I wish this little red swing could talk, or maybe not.....
Sometimes memories and imagination are better than truth.
I do wish someone would restore this grand old lady.
I think she still has a lot to offer, starting with character......