Friday, April 07, 2006

Character


Character: to be true to your work, your word and your friends. (author unknown) Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone had character?

The clematis I planted year before last is blooming like crazy. I took this picture and didn't realize until I had downloaded it that I had captured a lizard also. (click on the picture to enlarge)
I took a bouquet of purple iris, blue and pink Spiderwort, pink and purple verbena and wild phlox to work today. The perfume of the phlox was heavenly and made me want to be outside working in the yard instead of inside answering the phone.

Red-bellied woodpeckers, doves, and a red-headed woodpecker were seen at the feeder and on the tree behind today. The yellow warblers are back, building their nest in the little blue box. We see the ducks from time to time swimming in the swamp. Sorry my camera is not powerful enough to get a good shot of the hawk nest. It is very high up in the tree, but very large and the most interesting thing to watch, especially when the babies have hatched. The swamp is busy day and night and there is always something to watch. Just not enough hours in the day! Especially with working on my character and all..........

No comments: