Friday, April 14, 2006


For the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers are springing up and the time of the singing of birds has come. Yes, spring is here.
Song of Solomon 2:11-12

Another pass-along plant from a former co-worker is blooming and it is truly one of my favorites - mostly because of its color. It is not the usual dark purple or light blue iris, but a gorgeous lavender color. It is planted in several places in the yard and every time I get a glimpse of the color it makes me smile.
The Louisiana iris is blooming now also and the roses have begun to open the fat buds of first bloom which are always the largest and most beautiful of the season in my yard. This is Good Friday and I have the day off. The grocery store is a must today in order to be ready to cook Easter dinner but I hope to have time for the yard also. Shannon helped me clean the gazebo yesterday, washing away the thick layer of yellow pollen from the floor and all the furniture. It's now ready for anyone wanting to spend a little quiet time reading, bird watching (or I should say critter watching, you see much more than birds if you sit quietly for a while) or just catching a quick nap.

While nature has been in resurrection for several weeks now, it serves to remind us of the most important Resurrection. We celebrate The Resurrection is this Sunday. He is risen! He is risen indeed! May the Risen Lord bless you this day!

No comments: