Thursday, September 22, 2011

Over the Top

We live just a few miles from the Texas state line
and one of our favorite places to eat is a little
Mexican restaurant in Marshall, Texas
called the Jalapeno Tree.

We always go the "back way" instead of traveling the interstate.
The scenery is pastoral, and always interesting.


This barn always makes me smile.
I love the Texas "Lone Star" flag on the barn.
The whimsical bicycles just put it "over the top".




These folks are proud to be Texans.



The few extra miles we drive for dinner are more
than compensated by views like this.

Oh, and the food is really good, expecially
the green dipping sauce.
 If you are ever in Marshall try the Jalapeno Tree.  

4 comments:

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Carolyn, that's a neat looking old barn and a very beautiful sunset! I love Mexican food, so if I ever get back to Texas I'll remember the Jalapeno Tree. I like that name. Have a wonderful weekend!

S. Etole said...

What a fun sense of creativity!

Jenni said...

What a neat post today! And I have been to Marshall several times, one time to see all of those beautiful Christmas lights they put up... but have never tried the Jalepeno Tree..... will have to try it if I'm up there again!

I'm also proud to be a Texan, (but I love Lousiana folks, too!)

so I think that barn is pretty awesome looking.

Have a happy weekend! hugs!
Jenni

Southern Lady said...

When we lived in Bossier, we went to Marshall all the time, but never tried the Jalapeno Tree. If we ever get back there, we will definitely check it out.

Love the picture of the barn ... we traveled the backroads too!