Friday, April 16, 2010


Some of my favorite plants have come from the side of the road. This rose is one that my dear hubby dug up for me on the way home from work one day. It has long, VERY thorny stems with large single petal flowers. It is a one time bloomer in the spring, but worth having because of the beauty of the flower.


Pretty yellow center in the midst of creamy white. Kinda looks like eyelashes doesn't it?


It's planted on the fence in front of the neighbor's Red Tips and is striking against the red follage.

I'll share more "side of the road" plants from time to time. I also love the "pass-along" plants that have been given to me by dear fellow gardeners like the Columbine from my mother in the previous post. Most of the time, it doesn't take much to make me happy ~ just give me a plant!


I have to add an editors note to the above post. I never remove "side of the road" plants from private property without permission and I am very careful to always leave some of the plant behind to continue to multiply. I am also careful to observe the local laws concerning removing plants from the right of way.

No comments: