Friday, April 09, 2010

Flower Power


Never underestimate the "power of flowers" to change a mood and brighten a day. My dear friend Melissa brought this gorgeous bouquet of Snowball Viburnums to my office and made my day! It was such a nice surprise not only in their beauty, but that she thought of me when she saw them out her window and took time to cut and bring them to me.
How lovely!


When I left work, I went to my favorite place to walk before going home. I know I have blogged about this little walking path and prayer garden many times, but it is just one of my favorite places and passtimes these days. There was more "flower power" to be had there as well. Here is my walk today..........


Tiny wildflowers galore and when I downloaded this one (which is about as big as the end of my little finger) I saw a very "little" critter there as well. 


Lady Banks Rose


Wisteria....ooooh, I wish you could have smelled this! It was heavenly.




A little gazebo for stopping to smell the flowers or watch the butterflies.


A place for reflection and perspective.


The azaleas are about to be in full bloom....just a few more days!


And many places to sit and cool down or catch your breath.
It is not unusual to see squirrels, rabbits and all kinds of birds as I walk. It is located right across from the elementary school, so in the afternoon, it is filled with the sounds of the children as they are let out of school, all sights and sounds that are pleasing and restful.

Hope these flowers helped to brighten your day as well!

2 comments:

PAT said...

I would love to have a big ol' snowball viburnum. They are absolutely gorgeous! I enjoyed all your photos.

Southern Lady said...

Carolyn, thank you so much for visiting my Southern Lagniappe blog, and for taking the time to leave a commment. I'm so glad it led me to your lovely blog.

We lived in Bossier for five years and have been in Vicksburg for three now, so it was nice to hear from someone from Shreveport. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and I look forward to seeing more of them. You are very talented.

Sincerely,

Janie